Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Traveling: San Antonio to Richmond

DSCN2168
DSCN2169
The guy's I met through couchsurfing were awesome. I had plans to stay with some other couch surfers, but the plans fell through and I was in San Antonio late with no place to go. I posted something on the website and in a short time, Matt called me to ask if I wanted to stay at his house. I pedaled over there and met up with him,his 2 room mates, and another couch surfer that was passing through. They had an awesome DVD collection.




Knowing I wasn't going to be in Texas for a bit, I stopped at  a place to get some breakfast tacos before i pedaled to the airport. Some of the best B-Fast tacos I have ever sank my teeth into. Maybe it was just the situation that made them taste so good, Being on an adventure, always has a way of sweetening everything.
DSCN2171

one adventure at a time, getting to San Antonio, Finding a place to sleep, tacos,  getting to the airport in the AM.... Sometimes its just nice to not have a plan. It puts me in a good mindset. The trip isn't compromised with just thinking about the big picture. It helps me embrace each little thing as it comes. I dont want to know whats going to happen. Whats the point of doing something, if you already know how its gonna pan out.
DSCN2172
DSCN2173
DSCN2175

Spent the day flying around the U S Of A. Hung out at the Atlanta airport for  a few, and eventually came into Richmond later that night. I had middle seats between people on all my flights, but somehow ended up with my own row that i could sprawl out on. Do a little Sky Mall'ing.
DSCN2179

When I got to Richmond, My friends Steve and Keith came to pick me up from the airport. We went back to the house and met up with my friend Dylan that I went on the sailing trip with. I haven't seen him in a while, so it was nice to have a little reunion and then hit up a little karaoke celebration..
DSCN2180

It was getting weird over there..
DSCN2182

Dylan and Jay weren't drunk....



I love Richmond...

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment?