Thursday, December 13, 2012

Traveling: Richmond to Savannah

DSCN2202
The Bus reminds me of the bus from "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test".  Steve Crandall and his band of Merry Pranksters. A little more dark looking, but with the same premise. Drive around the country building friendships with people from all walks of life. We crammed 8 of us into the bus and hit the road.
 A few years ago I went on a trip in a mini van with a bunch of my friends. "Gypsy Caravan". My friend Chunk and I sat in the back seat and raised hell. He called us "The Back Seat Bad Boys". A term he used on some other trips he went on. Ever since that trip, It's been Back seat bad boy on every trip.
    I climbed in the way back with Eric Holladay. The Eric's. BSBB'S.
DSCN2204
DSCN2206

The one thing I like about traveling in the bus, you cant rush. The bus doesn't rush. 55MPH with gas stops all the time. This trip we had a football, so that thing got tossed around a bunch while we were stopped.
DSCN2207

DSCN2210Driving down 95 South, we always make the stop at that shit hole "south of the border". I have been there a bunch of times, and never see anyone there. It's always a ghost town. I have never been up the giant sombrero tower though.

















Van Human


DSCN2209

When it got dark in the bus, the glow worms came out. An almost constant need to know whats going on wherever you aren't. A disconnect from whats directly around you. I saw Holladay loose his phone for a total of maybe 3 minutes, and he looked like he was having a mental breakdown.
DSCN2217

We rolled into Savannah Late at night and met up with all the awesome dudes there.

DSCN2218

The first night of Tent City..

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment?